Thursday 18 September 2014

Cake Decorating Demo - Otter Nurseries Friday Sept 19th

Cake Decorating Demonstration at Otter Nurseries on Friday Sept 19th

Iv'e been rather busy lately preparing for my next Cake Decorating Demonstration at Otter Nurseries on Sept 19th from 10.00 - 4.00 pm.

I'll be demonstrating how to use the silicone moulds with Flowerpaste or Sugarpaste as it's also known as. Ordinary Fondant can be made into Sugarpaste by adding Tylo powder - this helps the paste set really hard and allows you to make more intricate flowers.

I'm no expert in cake decorating  - I just use my crafting expertise in another format. It's really easy to decorate cakes especially with the new moulds around in shops. I also use the moulds for my clay work too. (Not the same mould I hasten to add). 

For the cake above Iv'e made both moulded flowers and hand-crafted flowers such as the Fushias.


I'll also be showing you the brand new "Lace" moulds too that you can use with the new "Flexible" icing.   Lace moulds are so intricate and create the effect of real lace on cakes.  At the Otter Indulgence Evening these Lace moulds will be shown and cakes with the lace effect icing will be available to see. I can't wait to have a play with this new flexible icing. 

If you are local to the Hontion area then please pop along either tomorrow, Friday 19th or for the "Indulgence Evening" on 8th October from 4 p.m.. Hope to see you there..... 

1 comment:

  1. WOW this looks stunning and scrumptious too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxxx

    ReplyDelete