Thursday 15 August 2013

Imagination Crafts - Inspiration for August.

Hi everyone,

Here I am again working with the lovely stamps from Imagination Crafts. Iv'e made a Funky Foam Booklet for you this month. You can add papers inside to create a notelet holder. For this project I used the Decoupage Stamp Daisy on Gold Metal Sheet - I embossed the image with an embossing tool firstly on the front following the lines of the stamp then again from the back, then coloured in the flower with a permanent marker. A small wire swirl was added for decoration.


The booklet itself is made from Funky Foam. I cut out the foam using deckle edge scissors and snipped into the sides to give an old vintage effect.  I heated the foam with a heat gun, stamped the small flower from the set into the foam whilst it was hot,  let it cool,  then coloured the raised bits with gold paint to highlight the  surface.


I then added a side binder made with black cord and beads (your pages fit inside the booklet held in by this cord binder) Also I stamped some Shrink Plastic with the small flower stamp and added these to the side binder for decoration.
I particularly like working with metal sheets. Copper is great too as you can heat it and it changes colour. Perhaps I will use copper for another Challenge coming up soon..... Why not visit the Inspiration Blog to see more ideas from the Design Team. Click here to be taken to the Inspiration blog or visit the Challenge Blog and have a go yourself - you never know you may just win a prize. Click here for the Challenge Blog. .

Product used in making this booklet:
Funky Foam
Stayzon Black
Black Cord
Gold Wire
Gold Metal sheets and the lovely Decoupage Stamp Set - Daisy  from Imagination Crafts.

Next Month's Challenge is all about Butterfllies so watch this space for more creative ideas to come very soon...

8 comments:

  1. this is stunning - really clever - and I love all the different materials you've used xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely project Christine and super techniques used. Love the metal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so stunning hun, I love the beautiful textures and the colours are gorgeous
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOOHOOO how creative are you, love the booklet outstanding work, can't wait to try some of your technique on some funky foam, thanks a million for all your inspiration, have a wonderful weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning as always Christine. Sorry hun I thought I had commented on your inspiration piece which is fantastic as always.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Christine, so artistic and I love the colours. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would never have guessed this was foam.I am quite fond of foam myself and recently got some foam flower tutorials published!!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts School Projects

    ReplyDelete