Monday 3 September 2012

Inspired by a pair of curtains - Yes curtains......


As anyone who knows me well, I get inspiration from anywhere and everywhere.

I mostly get my inspiration from Nature which is almost a religion for me - but this time, whilst holding a Painting Workshop, I was inspired by the curtains hanging in the Workshop Hall. Yes really.....

The curtains had a host of autumn colours, and as I love trees, leaves and scenes, I was inspired to create a quick canvas to use as a wall-hanging using the ideas taken from the curtains and the lovely colours.  I'm a "Jack of all Crafty Trades" but master of none and love any kind of painting, card-making and all other crafts. You name it and I have probably tried it.

Iv'e been a bit naughty lately and purchased some of Sheena Douglass's silhouette stamps from Create and Craft.

Although I design my own range of stamps already I couldn't resist the lovely silhouette stamps that Sheena had produced so reached deep down into my crafty pocket and now I can't wait for Mr Postie to deliver them to my door so I can have a play and experiment to see what I can come up with.

My own range of stamps are dusted off too so watch this space for more scenic views and something a bit different using my (and Sheena's) stamps. I may use them to compliment one another too which will be interesting. Sheena's trees will go so well with my landscape backgrounds.  To see more of my crafty images please go to My Gallery on my website.

The next time you are out and about, take some time to really look around you.  Get down close to the grass and you will wonder at the beautiful complexity of a simple daisy.  Pick up a handful of pebbles, wet them or varnish them to reveal the wonderful colours.  We all need to take time to not just look at things but actually see them. Enjoy.....

8 comments:

  1. A beautifully inspired canvas, and I loved reading where you gain your inspiration from. Nature is a big influence on my creating also. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic. I love autumn and all that nature produces for us in the way of colours and the changing of the foilage.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous,love the colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fab Christine....love the story about the curtains, I too do things like that, when I'm out and about :)Love your leaves x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its Fantastic, and i love how you get your inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A stunning card - I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a fabulous talent you have and this is fantastic.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete